Red Ball Express Rules and Regulations:
1. Presenter, the Rotary Clubs of La Plata County, shall race a maximum of 300 balls, representing a maximum of 44,850 2-ball number adoptions.
2. Balls will be launched at location and date printed on the Entry front.
3. All balls entered will be provided by the Presenter and shall remain the property of the Presenter.
4. The race course will be fenced, and, once launched, the numbered balls are at the mercy of gravity. The numbering on the balls will be permanent and covered with tape so that no ball can be identified during the race. It takes two balls to constitute a Winner. There will be a finish line trap constructed to insure that three ball pairs will be clear winners. Independent referees unaffiliated with the presenting organizations will identify and announce the winning numbers.
5. Coded numbers shall be assigned to each Entry at the time such Entry is received by the Presenter. A person’s name who appears on the Entry, and whose numbers correspond to the winning balls, will be the winner of each Prize. Positive identification will be required.
6. The Entry shall be completely filled out and delivered to Presenter prior to the race. There is a remote possibility of a sell-out; if entries are received after a sell-out, Presenter will return any funds.
7. No purchase is necessary in order to enter or win. Presenter does encourage a donation of at least $5.00 per adoption for the benefit of the non-profit organizations in the Durango area. One free Entry per person may be adopted by filling out a written request on a 3" by 5" card with name, address and phone number and presented, in person, to the Presenter at a weekly Rotary meeting of the Durango Daybreak Club, at the Durango Recreational Center between 6:30 am and 6:45 am on any Wednesday day prior to the race.
8. Winner will be announced approximately one hour following the finish of the race. To win entrants do not need to be present at the race.
9. Any and all taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. By entering, winner consents to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without additional compensation.
11. By entering, entrants release Presenter and all sponsors, their directors, officers, members, staff, and other related entities for any and all liability with respect to the prize or the race.
12. Chances of winning depend on the total number of qualified adoptions. The winning odds for 100 balls would be about 3 in 4950.
13. All decisions and interpretations of the rules and regulations will be made by Presenter and its judgment is final.
14. This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void when prohibited by law.
15. Neither Rotary Clubs of La Plata County members, nor Race Referees will be eligible to win a Prize. Winners must be 18 years old or older.
16. The cash prizes will be $5,000, $2,000 and $1000, and awarded to the winners in the form of cashiers checks. A federal tax form 1099 will be sent to the IRS and the winners.
17. Adopters should retain their Entry stub(s) until the winners are known.