1. The Presenter, Rotary Clubs of Durango, shall
race a maximum of 300 balls, representing a maximum of 44,850 2-ball
2. The number of balls representing sold adoptions
will be launched from a site at Durango Mountain Resort at approximately
4:00pm on Febuary 9, 2019.
3. All balls entered will be provided by the Presenter
and shall remain the property of the Presenter.
4. The racecourse will be fenced and once launched
the numbered balls are at the mercy of gravity. The numbering on
the balls will be permanent and covered with tape so that no ball
can be identified during the race. It takes two balls to constitute
the Grand Prize Winner and there will be a finish line trap constructed
to insure that two balls will be clear winners. Independent referees
with no tie to the presenting organizations will be appointed and
these referees shall identify and announce the two winning numbers
after the tape has been removed. The third and fourth balls over
the finish shall be retained in case of unforseen problems with
the first and second balls.
5. A coded number(s) shall be assigned to each
entry at the time such entry is received by the presenter. A person's
name who appears on the entry and whose numbers correspond to the
winning balls will be the winner of the Grand Prize. Positive identification
will be required of that winner.
6. The entry shall be completely filled out and
delivered to presenter at least one-hour prior to the race. There
is a possibility of a sell-out and if entries are received after
this sell-out the Rotary will return any funds not eligible for
7. No purchase is necessary in order to enter
or win. Presenter does encourage a donation of at least $5.00 per
adoption entry for the benefit of the Rotary and local non profit
organizations. One free entry per person may be adopted by filling
out a written request on a 3" by 5" card with name, address and
phone number and presented, in person, to the Presenter at a weekly
Rotary meeting, Durango Recreation Center, between 6:30am and 8:30am
on any Wednesday morning prior to the race.
8. Winner will be announced approximately one
hour following the finish of the race. To win entrants do not need
to be present at the race. Winner will be notified by US mail or
9. Any and all taxes and fees are the sole responsibility
of the winner.
10. By entering winner consents to the promotional
use of their names and likenesses without additional compensation.
11. By entering entrants release Presenter and
all sponsors, their directors, officers, members, staff and other
related entities for any and all liability with respect to the prize
or the race.
12. Chances of winning depend on the total number
of qualified adoptions. The max. odds for 300 balls would be 1 in
13. All decisions and interpretations of the rules
and regulations will be made by Presenter and its judgement is final.
14. This event is subject to all federal, state
and local laws and regulations and is void when prohibited by law.
15. No Durango Rotarians nor employees of Wells
Fargo Bank will be eligible to win the Grand Prize and no Race Referee
(judge) will be eligible.
16. The cash prizes will be $5000, $2000 and $1000
and awarded to the winner in the form of a cashiers check. A IRS
Form 1099 will be sent to the IRS and winners.